Guides/Starting a New Project
So you have an idea for a project that you would like to do with friends at GeekZone? Great stuff! Here is how you can get it on the road.
- Look at the other projects in the projects category
- There may be one that is similar to your idea that you could join in with
- Post on the forum to see if anyone else would be interested in helping out
- This is always good to do, as it gives everyone the chance to get involved
- Make an article on GeekZoneWiki
- Remember to include it in the Projects category - add this tag to the bottom of the article
- If the project contains any coding, join GeekZoneHQ on GitHub
- This is where we store and publish all the code that we write.
- Ask a District Regent to make a new team on GitHub if you need it
- GitHub teams let you code with others on the project
That's it! Get building!